Saturday, January 30, 2010

Worries

I often fret over what will happen tomorrow. What will the headlines be? What will the state of my health be? What will my family be facing and where will we be? Do I need to have an emergency plan or a route of escape, and if so, for what type of emergency and where would I go?
For the first time ever in my life I think these are legitimate questions. The world of yesterday is forever gone. There was a time when I didn't worry about "the worst" happening. But we watched as Haiti tried to dig out from a devastating earthquake and piece body and soul back together. We saw when Katrina raged through New Orleans like a crazed bull - leaving countless people without home or health. We wept as two commercial airliners slammed into the towers - and again as they fell.
Every day there are "smaller" tragedies leaving scars in our lives like notches on a belt.
But I STOP! I remember that God says not to worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough to worry about.
I am His and He is mine. Whatever tomorrow will bring, He will be there. He will not leave me to face tomorrow alone, He will take care of His children. He sees all, knows all, has all love, and is all powerful. He will make the sun rise, and His children will rejoice in every new day.
It's true - this world is diseased. Things have gone awry. It's not what it was intended to be any more than a body broken with Parkinson's Disease. But I have learned patience and I will see God who brings beauty from the ashes - heal and restore when the time is full.

No comments: