Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Jesus is My Energy

With reference to the disease I have been diagnosed with and the questions I have, I have spent considerable time lately pondering what went wrong with my body........ I wonder what initial thing started the domino of misfunctions and mis-firings that I have come to know as Parkinson's Disease. In my thoughts I have been remembering some of what I studied in biology years ago. One topic that I have lingered over is a process called cellular respiration. This is a process (that involves more than one cycle of events) in which the body converts the energy in the food that we eat into a form that the body can use. It powers everything the body does.
Isn't it a picture of spiritual man?

1)We take in food (knowledge of God; God's love; or on the opposite side worthless knowledge, or "junk food").
2)We meditate on it (or digest it).
3)It is stored in the powerhouse of our hearts and minds
4)To be drawn upon at a later time to accomplish tasks

I will see whether or not I have taken in the right foods by looking at my accomplishments. It will reveal whether or not what I took in was able to produce the energy I needed to carry out the plans that were to fulfill my purpose. I'm not sure I am saying these things in a way that makes my point clear or not. But simply put: If I'm not hooked into the true energy - in the form that is useable to me - I can do nothing. What is the right energy form? Jesus Christ.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me, and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing." John 15:5

No comments: