Monday, October 31, 2011

My Thoughts

"...whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence ans anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things." Philippians 4:8

Today focus on the joyful things in your life! It's not irresponsible or putting your head in a hole in the sand to think on such things. This is God's instruction to us! We have a free pass to day dream about wonderful things.

Or.........we could find out the facts of the latest happenings in the news or in the medical community. We could load our minds with statistics and be able to quote the experts. We could be up to snuff with all of the latest predictions and forecasts........

I think I choose whatever is true, honorable, right, pure, etc. That will land me in a place of peace in the absence of anxiety, and a proper picture of God in a world of downsized giants.

The other way of thinking will surely result in a burden too heavy. I will be frustrated at too many facts, not enough answers, and my hope will rest on something other than the goodness of God.

I am not just one little person in a sea of problems without answers. I am a Believer in the God who knows all and is powerful and loving enough to work on my behalf, whether I understand it or not!

I love You, Lord!

Anna

3 comments:

juju said...

thank you, Anna, just what i needed to hear, God bless you!

juju said...

thank you anna, just what i needed today

Anna said...

Thanks so much for letting me know, juju. You have encouraged me.