Sunday, October 9, 2011

When Everybody Runs Dry

It's so easy and natural for me to give others encouragement and offer tidbits of wisdom. But when it comes to sizing up a situation and seeing clearly into my own state of affairs, it's much harder. I find it harder to get my balance. That's where I need someone else to help me.

What happens when we don't have that support, and everyone around us feels tired of helping out? It seems as though their limit of compassion has been reached, and those we called "friend" suddenly seem more like anything but a friend. Then i feel unsafe. Where do we go?

It's simple: we go to God. We go to His Word. When there is no one else anywhere, that's where we go. Do you think you would know God half as well if life were easy? It's not until we are hurting that we are ready to listen to Him and draw close.

Psalm 28:6-7 "Blessed be the Lord; because He has heard the voice of my supplication. The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him and I am helped;"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,
Thank you for this post.
I think I know what you are saying.
And then, sometimes we seek our support from everyone but God, like I've done too often. We always end up disappointed. But, He is the Great Comforter! No one can satisfy like Him.

Anna said...

Thank you, Tonya. Why can't we always remember this???
Anna

Linda said...

Hi Anna,

Love your writings and paintings :) Miss you and hope all is well <3

Anna said...

It's so good to hear from you, Linda! Wish we could catch up over a cup of coffee.......... Miss you too.