Monday, March 28, 2011

God is Great, God is Good

If you hope to have courage in calamity and strength in times of stress and strain, then you must meditate on God's character in times of ease. Get used to remembering things like God parting the Red Sea, making the sun dial go backwards, tumbling down the walls of Jericho, sending the plagues on Egypt, causing Abraham and Sarah to have Isaac in their old age. And add to those, all of the times God has spoken to you personally. I find that if I do this, He can be quickly called to mind (without effort)and my problems stay in perspective much easier. I've already got a "vision" of the God for whom nothing is impossible. I can rest in total calm knowing that God is sovereign even over sin. His purposes will be accomplished, and nothing will thwart His plans.

No comments: