Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Love That Never Ever Dies

Today is Mother's Day! I am among the most blessed of women. More precious to me than gold or any other thing is the love of my children. And even more precious is the love within my heart that is theirs. Nothing but nothing could ever diminish that. It matters not what they give back...........I would love them still. But that's not the case! My children love me - each in their own individual way - each so precious!
I am aware that this is the picture of God's love for me, and for you. It's so big - so intense - so pure - it is indestructable. It matters not if it is given back. It remains. But what joy there is when it's returned!
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 says, "Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant; does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered; does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. LOVE NEVER FAILS."
More important to me than health, financial stability, material things or any other thing of this world is my children. Parkinson's Disease and the suffering it imposes is nothing compared to the love I have for my children and their love for me! Parkinson's Disease will not have the last word, nor will it last forever, but this precious love that God has blessed me with and given to me is eternal. There is no end to it.
Thank you heavenly Father, for these precious four lives you entrusted to me years ago. Thank you for every blessing that they are. Let love rule in their lives. Keep them; protect them; and lead them gently in the way everlasting.
My children - if you read this - I love you more - much more - than words could ever say..........

No comments: