Tuesday, November 8, 2011

From a Dull Ache to Praise and Prayer

The ache is dull…. The one that goes through all of me….

We've all had days like that. We seem to sometimes get caught up in a fog of pain and despondency. The antidote is prayer which is praise, thanks and communion with our God:

Father, I praise Your name, because You are holy; You are love; You are mighty and courageous; Your power is limitless; and yet………….. You make Yourself small, so I can know You.
Forgive me that I cannot understand all that You are, and all that You have done, and just how deep Your love for me goes. Here I am, Lord……… Please heal me. Turn my heart back to You. You are all that I need. I confess my total dependency upon you. Give me a piece of Your truth right now, that will minister to my need. Restore me…………. Completely.
I wish to stand for You. Use me, Lord. Restore the passion to my heart that is Yours. Please inspire me to do all of Your will.

From Your daughter, Anna.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your words brought this song to mind, Anna. You are His faithful daughter, but I understand you wanting it all under His will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Voawjjqg8zw

Tonya