Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I Have Everything I Need to Finish the Day

We cannot escape it - heartbreak, danger, unexpected disaster, extreme fatigue....  But we CAN overcome these obstacles that would drag us down, slow our forward movement and drain the courage right out of our hearts.  We cannot avoid that which would call forth every fiber of strength we can muster to get through, but we CAN choose to walk through it all - in step with our Helper who is the Spirit of God.  Stop for a moment and think about this:  It is the Spirit of the living God - the Comforter that Jesus left for us when He rose to heaven - the teacher and guide that can never steer us in the wrong direction - that walks us through every difficulty that threatens to render us useless or unable to go on living.

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for your Holy Spirit.  It is enough.  I will encounter difficulties today, but not alone, and not without guidance and instruction.  Help me today not to forget that I have everything I need to finish the day.

No comments: