Saturday, May 15, 2010

Rest

Having Parkinson's Disease, I understand the feeling of fatigue and weakness that comes with the territory. The smallest task can use up huge amounts of energy. In other words, it takes far more effort for me to do a task than it would a "normal" person. I get tired just thinking about it.
On the flip side of this coin though is hope that one day it won't be this way. I don't mean the kind of hope that merely "wishes" for something different.... What I'm talking about is waiting patiently for what I KNOW is coming.
The Bible says: "There remains then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his." (Hebrews 4:9-10). God will not leave me undone or unwhole, but will finish the work He has started in me. In the end I will rest from all my labors and will enter my final Sabbath rest that He has prepared for me. Right now, God is still working on me, but will one day finish the masterpiece that He has planned for me to be. And when He finishes all the work on all the people that are His He will enter that Sabbath rest.
Shabat Shalom!

No comments: