Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How to Know How to Live

It is my desire to obey the Lord, not stepping off the path he has laid before me. This is probably your desire as well. But sometimes just figuring out what the will of God is can be unclear. It was explained to me in a very simple way (figuring out His will for my life on a daily basis) and I'll try to explain it to you.

First: Every action, thought and word must be in agreement with the Providential will of God. His Providential will is what is unchangeable. There is no room for another way. For ex.: It is God's will that Jesus Christ came to earth as a man, was without sin, and by His death on the cross, paid for our sins. Does my action or word or thought agree with that truth? If I go ahead with my plan, will it in any way deny this truth? Does my plan take into consideration that Jesus took my sin upon Himself - took the punishment that was due me - and instead saved me with His blood, gave me life, and set me free from all sin? My words and actions should show my gratitude to Him for this incredible gift by living like it.

Hold your plans up against the Providential will of God today, and you will see if you are in agreement with His truth. Ask Him to help you see His truth.

"I cried with all my heart; answer me, O Lord! I will observe Thy statutes. I cried to Thee; save me and I shall keep Thy testimonies. I rise before dawn and cry for help; I wait for Thy words...." (Psalm 119:145-147)

No comments: