Saturday, March 10, 2012

Making Use of the Quiet Time

I wondered what I should write about. My mind is headed in ten different directions. I'm reading, writing and texting - but probably not doing any of it well.

My husband's band has a gig tonight so it's quiet. It's a good night to pray. When I was younger I worked so hard and there was never an empty moment. I'm glad that now I have time for study, prayer and reflection.

It's through prayer that mountains are moved and courage is found. It's what I do. It's my gift to the world. It's one way of loving the people in my life. That's one thing nothing can take from me. So let the winds blow and anxiety come.... Let my plans fall through and silence arrive. Tomorrow somebody's mountain will be leveled and somewhere courage has replaced a weak heart.

No comments: