Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Give God His Due

Do you ever forget to give God His due? Do you find yourself leaving prayer until the very last thing? Do you take you doctor's word about your condition and forget that there is a bigger power at work behind him?

Let's think on this for a minute. I'm a firm believer in healing through doctors, but that's only part of the story. I'm aware that an authority much bigger than a man is behind all my doctor does.

Who made my doctor and gave him the brilliant mind and the skilled hands of a surgeon that knows what to do for me? Who allowed man to discover new technologies and new drugs to treat my condition? Who directed the circumstances in my life so that I was in the right place at the right time and with the right people that healing could come through certain channels?

Do you have insurance to help pay for these medical procedures? Thank God. There are some who do not. Are you in better condition with the doctor's help than you would be without him? Thank God. Is there someone in your life who loves you despite your problems? Thank God. Are you alone and without anyone? Thank God. Wait a minute, did I read that right? Yes, because when there is no human love or help God does not leave us. He still cares for us.

Look at God's provision for the widow in 2 Kings 4:1-7:

"Now a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets cried out to Elisha, 'Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that your servant feared the Lord; and the creditor has come to take my two children to be his slaves.' And Elisha said to her, 'What shall I do for you? Tell me, what do you have in the house?' And she said, 'Your maidservant has nothing in the house except a jar of oil.' Then he said, 'Go, borrow vessels at large for yourself from all your neighbors, even empty vessels; do not get a few. And you shall go in and shut the door behind you and your sons, and pour out into all these vessels; and you shall set aside what is full.' So she went from him and shut the door behind her and her sons; they were bringing the vessels to her and she poured. And it came about when the vessels were full, that she said to her son, 'Bring me another vessel.' And he said to her, 'There is not one vessel more.' And the oil stopped. Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, 'Go, sell the oil and pay your debt, and you and your sons can live on the rest.'"

God is behind every good thing in your life. He can bring good out of every bad thing in your life. Look to His hand for what you need and thank Him however He brings good into your life.

No comments: