Saturday, July 23, 2011

Easy or Not - I Need You

One good thing about being in constant need (as this disease imposes), is that I am constantly expressing those needs to God. There is no doubt as to whether or not I can get by on my own. When things are easy, it is also easy to forget what it feels like to desperately need God.

We all need Him just as much when things are easy as we do when things are impossible. It's just that we don't feel it. Feelings are often deceptive. I find I have to ignore my feelings at times and act according to my will. In fact, if I am feeling on top of things and not struggling, these are the times when I need to get down on my knees to worship. I need a reminder that I am never so together that I don't need Him desperately.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the easy days. But keep me from pride. Send me reminders every day that I can't live a moment without You. I love you in easy times, and I love You in hard times.

No comments: