Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Rock

I never know what the day is going to bring. In the morning, I often pray for the courage to face what will come and the strength to do what must be done. That way with God's help, I'll make it through whatever comes. Sometimes, the day will bring a new ailment, or a new diagnosis that isn't good. Sometimes I might suddenly have trouble in a relationship or I could feel betrayed. Whatever may come, God knows how to help us through it. He doesn't necessarily take the problem away, but guides us, comforting us all the way. And He never leaves our side.

God's children can face anything. My challenge today was issued when I answered the phone and found out that my son had been in a car accident when someone ran a red light and slammed into my car going about 50 mph. My car was totaled, but my son, after being taken by ambulance to the hospital came home with no broken bones. He CAME HOME. My prayer on the way to the hospital was a request that God would help me to be exactly what my son needed his mother to be through this crisis.

Stress makes it hard to deal with my PD, but it is evening now and I'm steady as a rock. The Lord is my rock! Blessed be the name of the Lord.

No comments: