Monday, July 11, 2011

God Wastes Nothing

As a mother, and one who has experienced more than one heart-wrenching ordeal in my lifetime, I can tell you that it hurts worse than anything to watch one of my children suffer. I can't heal a broken heart or put a broken body back together, despite my own experience with tragedy, but PD has deepened my well of sympathy and empathy, and God has used the disease to pass on wisdom to me that I would not otherwise have. This is wisdom I can then pass on to my children and others when there is need. So, I guess you could say that my children have been blessed through my PD.

I have hands that can comfort and express love in ways like never before. This comes from a very real compassion that was never so deep before.

I wouldn't wish this way of gaining wisdom on anyone else, and if I had a choice, I would not want this miserable disease for ANY reason. But it was not my choice. And I choose not to let one second of suffering that I have endured to be wasted. God's word says, "All things work together for good to those who love the Lord and who are called according to His purposes." I am thankful that PD in my life can be used for good - to me - to my children - to others.... Thank you, Lord, that You waste nothing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, all things work together for good!
It is all worth it if we can touch just one life and show that person they can persevere.
It is at least good to know we can use what we've learned through pain and suffering and living with PD to help other people who are suffering and may be losing hope.

We can be that example of perseverance and holding on to the hope we have in Christ!

I pray your son is doing better today, Anna.