Monday, April 4, 2011

A Gloomy Day

I'm tired of waking up to the sound of rain and of cold temperatures. I'm weary of knowing the sun is behind a cloud and feeling the unsatisfied ache for light. The sight of bare unfruitful trees and a landscape devoid of life enforces the feeling that spring will never come.

I am tempted to let all that I see set the tone of my day. But somewhere deep inside comes the cry, "This is the day that the Lord has made! Let us rejoice and be glad in it!" God planned this day before the creation of time. In His wisdom He set up the seasons. He will work all things so that good comes to the ones who love Him and are called according to His purposes. The one who knows the beginning from the end is in charge! Nothing is left to chance. He knows best.

So, when I awake to another day of the same sickness; the same pain; the very same problems; and everything I see just looks like more of the same, I will remember, though it doesn't feel like it - it's all good. It's all according to plan. I don't have to see it to believe it! This is the day that the Lord has made! Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

1 comment:

Helen Read said...

Thanks Anna, its been very gloomy here this winter, too! Great thoughts to remind us of the deeper purposes!