Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hidden in the Moment

The here and now is what we have. The past is gone and the future has not come yet. I used to spend most of my time agonizing over past mistakes and dreaming of a bright future. Some of us find the present to be painful, so we remove ourselves from the pain by dreaming. Oh, dreams are good and necessary, but if we are missing opportunities in the present because of them, then we are out of balance.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want to miss a single thing that my Heavenly Father has planned that I would accomplish. In love He has chosen works for me. He wants me to see the opportunities that he has hidden in the day,like a person on a treasure hunt. He wants me to step forward and embrace the moment.

Living in painful circumstances, with people who hurt you may be your reality. But even so, there are good deeds waiting to be done, people needing comfort or encouragement, words that need speaking and time to be spent with someone in particular. Each moment has potential that we might never have imagined. Start going through your day LOOKING for these moments God designed for you to participate it and stop looking inward at your own needs. What a joy life will BE (in the present).

No comments: