Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I Know My Limits, Now I Must Respect Them

I've been pretty sick this week with bronchitis and a sinus infection. It appears that I got it from my grandson who fared with it better than I. Somehow I came into contact with these germs (is that word archaic?) and it resulted in a full-blown sickness. I felt bad all over.

I wonder if it is the same with spiritual things...... We might touch something unclean or dirty and before you know it, we're bound up in sickness. If we sin, are we exposing ourselves to spiritual "germs"? (I'll just tell this one tiny little white lie; I'll just take this one little thing that does not belong to me; etc.) Does my spiritual health have anything to do with my exposures to evil? If so, it is imperative that I set boundaries and stay within the safety of those boundaries. This is for my own good (does the alcoholic go into a bar or does he steer clear of temptation by refusing to step within it?). But if I do step beyond my spiritual safety zone and go where I have no business going - ( we could compare it to taking a walk through a hospital ward of sick and dying people who have been quarantined, and I wind up ill), then the Lord promises we can confess and repent and He will forgive us and cleanse us. He is like the antibiotic that floods our entire body and makes us well.

These are just my thoughts this morning..................

It's interesting how life with Parkinson's Disease has openned up a whole new way of thinking about things............

Heavenly Father, give me the wisdom today to choose the right path. Protect me from the decietfulness of sin. Give me a healthy appetite for the things that are good, and make me a blessing and an example of grace before all who cross my path today. Thank you for this new day and another opportunity to love you through my actions.

No comments: