Thursday, April 7, 2011

To Hide My Sin...or Not

"Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed." James 5:16

If my goal is to make others think highly of me, and I hide the truth about what i am really like without the redeeming grace freely offered to me as a child of God then I must not preach the gospel - that is to say I must not mention the dreadful and shameful death on a cross that my Saviour had to die. You can't have it both ways. Either my depravity sent Jesus Christ to the cross or His death was not necessary. We must not shrink from the exposure that the cross uncomfortably puts us through. His horrible death was necessary to save me and I must not allow pride to make light of His gift or deny the truth about it.

He endured shameful exposure before the world - for me - and for you.

Let us then not hide our issues with ongoing sins, but instead pray for one another and receive Godly counsel. This is healing.

No comments: