Friday, October 7, 2011

Without Words

I started to write a new entry in my blog the other day......... I was completely stumped. Nothing came. Usually I start writing - not knowing what I will say next - and it just flows out of me. It's rather like turning the water faucet on. Sometimes we don't have words. Sometimes we commune with another by just being there. Sometimes just "being" in the silence is so deep and satisfying.....

I just read this morning that too often we rush into the presence of God with words. We aren't listening or taking in His Presence. We spew out a string of words with singleminded inconsideration.

How are we ever going to get answers from God if all we ever do in His Presence is talk? It is good to remember: "He leads me beside quiet waters." Psalm 23:2

No comments: