Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Watchman

We are all given twenty four hours in a day; seven days in a week, twelve months in a year.  Some day it will all change and we will slip out of a world that measures life in segments of time.  Right now the clock is ticking, but when that day comes, and time has vanished we will no longer exist in time.
I don't know about you, but I know that I want to make the very most of the time I have been given.  Last night I was praying and reading the Bible, and what I read made me very uncomfortable.  It caused anxiety.  It said pretty much that we have a responsibility to tell others the truth about God and man's sinful condition.  This passage refers to the "watchman" and how he is the one who sounds the alarm when he sees the enemy approaching.  If he does not do so, it is sin to him.  His job is to warn everyone when he sees the enemy approaching  .He will be guilty before God if he does not.  Noah was a watchman.  John the Baptist was a watchman.  The apostles were watchmen.
When the warning is sounded, if the people do not heed it and they perish, the fault is their own.  But the fault will be the watchman's if he fails to sound the warning and the people perish.
I reflected on this and reluctantly admitted to myself that it I fear the responsibility of the watchman.  We are all watchmen I think over a sphere of influence.  and we must bring God's message of salvation  to all.  To not tell the Good News is sin.
So what does this have to do with time?  Well those of us who have PD find that very often we have an abundance of quiet time on our hands.  What do you do with that time?  I asked myself that question and realized that when I am the watchman, and I see the enemy's approach, I have to speak up.  And to know the best way to do that I will spend time in prayer and reading God's Word.
Our country is in trouble in my opinion.  I have loved ones that have rejected God.  I see the peril they are in.  We have taken God out of government, out of school and even out of some churches.  It is my fear that we are on a slippery path headed for destruction.  What can I do about it?  Use the time I have now to pray for the lost; to pray for the best way to be a good watchman.  I must pray fervently for those I love.
It is not my nature to confront, but I must do so.  So I must pray.

Heavenly Father,
Here am I , Lord.  Please use me to reach my loved ones who are lost.  Help me not to fear their rejection or ridicule.  Teach me how to pray about this.  Give me the courage and wisdom I need to speak truth and lay out the plan of salvation to those who need to hear.  Help me to not waste a single minute.  You have blessed me with an abundance of time, and for that I thank you !  Now teach me to teach others.  Give me opportunities to talk to my loved ones, and use me to Your glory!  I don't know how exactly to approach them or what exactly to say, but You do, and I know that You will help me.

And to those of you who are reading this:  I am sounding the warning.  Seize the minutes, hours and days you have that are alloted to you while you are on this earth.  You need to sound the warning.  We cannot reject God and expect Him to continue to bless us in all our ways.

No comments: