Monday, June 30, 2014

The Shepherd King Part 4

The Shepherd King
Part 4


The Shepherd King had planted hope in my heart, when I had commited to serve Him for the rest of my life. Fueled by the fires of faith, this hope glowed like a lantern within me. The glow that it made held back some enemies, but signaled others of my presence, and made me an easy target. Nevertheless, we were all to let our lights shine and not conceal them.

Night time was the worst. There were usually demons prowling about. On this night there was no moon, so though I should have searched for shelter, I instead pressed on, wanting to hurry through this difficult path that was laid out before me. Accidently I stepped into a patch of thorns. These brambles and bushes closed in around me, digging into my arms and face, cutting into my skin like needles. The more I struggled, the deeper they cut.

Drawn to the commotion, these black devils - one or two at a time - drew near. Eyes shining – a pale green – and drooling in anticipation of the kill, they drew so near that I could smell the scent of their abode clinging to their scaley and leathery black bodies – the unmistakeable odor of sulpher. Growling and screaming like a hyena, they drew nearer, leaving the sounds to echo behind them.

The thorns - giving off an herb with a paralyzing effect, began to incapacitate me, (though my terror was not dulled). With only moments left until they were upon me, I mustered all the strength I had left and called upon the Shepherd King in a loud voice.

Instantly there was a blinding flash of light, and in that tiny segment of time, demons were blown backwards, cursing and yelling. From the jumble of bodies they retreated back into the night.

A very tall, very large man – well built – with a kind face, brandishing a sword turned towards me and gently started pulling me loose from the thorns. I drifted into unconsciousness. When I awoke, I found myself in a hiding place, not unlike the first one where I had refreshed at the beginning of my journey.

I sat up looking around and saw only some pages atop the table. Curious, I crossed the small room, picked them up and began to read..........



No comments: