Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Is It Truth or is it Not?

I awoke this morning with a sense of well-being.  You wouldn't think that possible in this world and in this day.  Not only is this a dangerous and  hostile world, but I am disabled, and am a step behind everyone else.  It is getting worse every day, with new acts of violence and new calamities.  I don't have much of a chance at coming out of this in one piece and unharmed.  There are terrible things going on - it is rather like Pandora's box............  It is as if every bad possibility becomes reality.  What IS going on???

My beliefs are not approved or agreed with by the majority of people, and the rights I have always known and enjoyed are crumbling away faster than we can name them.  People around the world are being bullied and even killed for believing the way I do.  And it's not just death for a difference of opinion, but beheading - of children - by throngs of evil men who are led by evil rulers.

Why do I have a sense of well being?  Well it is not that I have faith in a particular outcome in this polluted world.  It is not that I think I will beat this world system.  It's certainly not that I believe man will triumph on the side of good, but I know Who I belong to.  I do know the general outcome of this world that the God of the Bible created, but that is not so much comfort in the moment - every moment.  I know Who I belong to.

If man has proved no other thing, than the fact that he is incapable of good, and in need of a Savior, then that is good.  Our best and most valient efforts have landed us in a world of terrorists with the doors of freedom closing and with no way out.  We need a deliverer.  I think we all  would agree about that.

Well, I know my Deliverer!  I know in whom I have trusted.  As I sit here trying to choose the right words that will convey to you who my Savior is, I am a bit frustrated.  There are no words which I know that will truthfully describe to you Who He is.

Perhaps this one quotation from the Bible will enter your awareness as you read these words, and work its way through your entire being, and become a part of you.  I pray that it does:

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever  believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."  John 3:16

Believe and embrace the Truth - be true to it - and it will set you free!  If you cannot tell whether or not you are embracing the real truth, then ask this question:  Does it set you free?  If not, then it is not the truth.

No comments: