Monday, March 1, 2010

My Day, and God's Sovereignty

I'm tired. I just don't have any energy to get up and do what it takes to push through the day, and accomplish something. I'm uninterested in even the things that I like to do. Everything feels a little like hauling weights up a steep incline. So, what am I going to do?
First of all, I'll rest. Even though it seems that I get more than enough of that, I will give in to this need to lay around. I'll accomplish what I can while laying around. The day isn't going the way I would have planned for it to go, but, I remember that this is the day that the Lord has made..........I will rejoice and be glad in it. I will rest in His sovereignty, and rejoice in the knowledge that it's not my job to plan out how the world will run today and just how we all fit into that grand plan.
When my day goes differently than I wanted it to go, I'll let go and let God. I am comforted in the knowledge that He knows best and He has equipped me for whatever I will face today. I don't have to worry about going it on my own, because He'll be right there with me.
Heavenly Father, I trust You with my life. I trust you with my day. Whatever happens, keep me on the paths of righteousness for Your name's sake. If disease dictates what I can't do today, then keep reminding me that without a doubt the important stuff is poured out on me in plenty. You are ALL that I need and You are everything I could want.

No comments: