Friday, May 21, 2010

The Words I Leave With You

Any time that your health is compromised, you begin to see life differently. You consider your own mortality and - in my case - began to ponder what a miracle this body is and just how fragile life is. I began to think more carefully about what I said and to whom....... I understood that every day was a gift from God and He could bring me home to be with Him on any given day. I became aware that the last thing I said to someone, could indeed be the last thing I would ever get to tell them.
How do you live your life? Do you say the important things? What thought or message would you like to leave with your loved ones? Today - what is most important to get across to them?
As a Christian, I certainly want to live my life in such a way that it's clearly evident I belong to Jesus Christ. I want to encourage those I love to believe in Him and to follow and obey Him. Do they know that for those who belong to Him - we have the promise of being together again for eternity in heaven?
I would want everyone around me (and especially those who are dear to me) to know the way to God is through Jesus Christ, and that through confession of our sins to Him, we are cleansed and receive total forgiveness. I want my life and words to be a statement and a testimony to the power of His love that can change anyone or anything.
I have found purpose and meaning in life through Him, and I want my dear ones to know that, because I love them. I love them no matter what. I will always love them, and I want them to know that though I have at times failed them, it was never because I didn't love them.
I pray all the time that my life will speak to these things in word AND deed.
What message does your life speak today? I encourage you to leave no important thing unsaid. If you're not sure what the best way is to communicate that, then ask God to show you. He will honor that prayer and will touch people through you.

No comments: