Friday, June 4, 2010

What I Know

It has been a while since I've written anything. I think I've just been letting my thoughts settle. Sometimes I feel like my mind is a whirlwind, and I'm thinking in a million different directions - getting nowhere, so occassionally I step back, get quiet and listen.
Today I was thinking how unsure everything is. We have no control over the past, and we don't know what the future will bring. The present is ever slipping away into the past and cannot be held onto. I have many questions about what will happen to me and my loved ones in future days. I'm sure you are no different. We want assurances that things will turn out just fine.
That's why we buy insurance, make investments and plan for the future. But even these things can fail to become the security that we so long for. My own questions will be different than someone who is in perfect health.
I experience anxiety if I dwell on all of this. It's a little hard to prepare for a future that is unknown.
So where does that leave us? I'll tell you where........ In the hands of the Creator of all there is; in the nail scarred hands of the God who gave up His life for me; surrounded by my heavenly Father and all of His angels; protected, and provided for. I could write more, but something is telling me to just keep it simple.
I think I will

1 comment:

Helen Read said...

Thank you, Anna. You have said it perfectly ... for all of us.
Walking by faith, not by sight.