Sunday, September 5, 2010

Questions and Answers

"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I shall know fully just as I also have been fully known." 1 Corinthians 13:12

There are just some questions for which we will not get an answer while on this earth. On October 3, 1995, I wrote:

There is a gift I'm thinking of. It is the kind of gift that won't fit in a box. It's very hard to come by, and not at all desired by the majority. It is rare and can be elusive yet it is more numerous than the stars. When found, it is rewarding to the one who has searched. I have some of them in a collection I keep inside my mind and some of them are hidden in my heart, but there are many others I have yet to come upon. I hope to have a very extensive and beautiful array of them one day. Some are more valuable than others, but of course their value in many cases depends upon the one who seeks it. This precious gift would of course be "answers"...the perfect gift to the one who dares to ask questions."

We all have questions, and we all want answers. Sometimes the only answer we seem to get is, "Wait." "Trust Me" "Believe in Me." "Endure patiently." There are many things I think that are not meant for us to know at the present time. Perhaps we should concentrate on God's provision to get us through rather than looking for answers to tough questions. What would we do if we got our answers? I think this is what counts right now:

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when men revile you, and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, on account of Me...." Matthew 5:3-11
I'm pretty sure these are the right answers to the questions that really matter.

No comments: