Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Healing Through Disabilities

I used to worry about what other people would say or think when they would observe my tremors, and my clumsy efforts to perform tasks, or my ungraceful "walk". But through the damage PD has inflicted on me, it has forced me to face this humiliating state of affairs. I have TRULY come to believe that I am more than this body I live in. It's brokeness is not a reflection of ME.
The Bible tells us not to worry about what others think about this temporal dwelling I call my body. It tells me not to do anything to be noticed or exalted by men. (Read Matthew, chapter 6)
Instead of trying to hide my "differences" and worrying over my disability, I come before my heavenly Father presenting my body to Him as a living sacrifice. This is part of how I worship Him (Romans 12:1, 2)

Thank you, heavenly Father that you take our disabilities and use them to heal us and glorify You.

2 comments:

Sherri Woodbridge said...

I love your site -
Sherri

Anna said...

Thanks, Sherri!