Monday, December 19, 2011

Calling Back For You

I just read a most encouraging message this morning in my devotions and I'd like to share it with you.

"Life is a steep climb, and it is always encouraging to have those ahead of us 'call back' and cheerfully summon us to higher ground. We all climb together, so we should help one another. The mountain climbing of life is serious, but glorious business; it takes strength and steadiness to reach the summit. And as our view becomes better as we gain altitude, and as we discover things of importance, we should 'call back' our encouragement to others.
'If you have gone a little way ahead of me, call back -
It will cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track;
And if perhaps, Faith's light is dim, because the oil is low,
Your call will guide my lagging course as wearily I go.
Call back, and tell me that He went with you into the storm;
Call back, and say He kept you when the forest's roots were torn;
That, when the heavens thunder and the earthquake shook the hill,
He bore you up and held you where the lofty air was still.

O friend, call back, and tell me for I cannot see your face;
They say it glows with triumph, and your feet sprint in the race;
But there are mists between us and my spirit eyes are dim,
And I cannot see the glory, though I long for word of Him.

But if you'll say He heard you when your prayer was but a cry,
And if you'll say He saw you through the night's sin-darkened sky -
If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back -
It will cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.'" by L. B. Cowman - Streams in the Desert

To those of you who may be behind me, I'm calling out to tell you that He is true and faithful and truly able to deliver. From this glorious heighth that I have come upon, the view is stunning! Keep coming! Climb on, one step at a time. If you have fallen then start again. Don't give up! You are not alone. I am but a step before you. Hear my voice, calling back to you and cheering you on! He is your safety net. He will make a foothold in the rock for you. Trust Him! He will not fail you.

No comments: