Monday, March 25, 2013

Are Gifts Logical?

This morning I awoke with the idea that someone who will be reading this needs to hear what I'm about to write:  Here's the truth:  No matter what we say we believe, no matter how we were brought up, no matter what justifies the way we act, we all have this in common:  we have sinned.  We have sinned against God and against others. 
You say there isn't a God?  Well logic tells you there IS.  All of creation didn't just happen.  What are the odds that everything just fell together in such a way that all life came into being?  Impossible!  Ponder just one part of you and apply logic and see if you have the faith to believe in faceless, random, impersonal chance....  Let's take the human eye. 
The human eye allows vision.  It reacts to light, differentiates between colors and perceives depth.  It can distinguish about a million different colors!  Read up on it.  It is an exquisite organ.
That's JUST ONE part of the body we have.  ALL of our parts work TOGETHER.  That's more than I can say for the people of the world....
SOMEBODY had to have created the world and the people in it.  It matters not that I do or do not understand it all.  Logic can take me THAT far.
Which brings me to the topic of the season:  Easter.  This is a time when we celebrate the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ who came to set us free from all of our sins.  He paid the penalty for the sins that you and I committed.  There is a punishment for every sin and I will be held liable for that debt, unless.........somebody steps in, takes my place, and takes the punishment that was mine.  This is a gift from God.  We don't deserve it, we didn't earn it, nor do we understand it.  It's a GIFT.  Love is at the center of a gift.  It cannot be explained as efficient or earned.  You  just hold your hand out and receive it with gratitude in humility.
Jesus, God's Son, became a man, lived a perfect life, then let all the blame for all our sin fall on Himself.  He paid.  We will never understand it.  It's a gift motivated by love. 
If you do not accept this beautiful gift, then you will live this life in senseless toil, senseless heartache and doubt, never having tasted real freedom. 
I accepted this gift at the age of 12.  I have not lived a perfect life since then, but I am on the right track.  My sins have been paid for and I am free.  Jesus, my Lord came into my heart and my life when I invited Him.  I was born again.  That means my spirit which was dead due to sin, received life and was resurrected from the dead.  Jesus was resurrected from the dead.  I have received this beautiful gift because He paid, He died, and He defeated death when He rose up.
You'll never understand it.  Just receive it.  Be grateful for it.  You will be changed. 
Don't refuse this gift.  It is the only way to a clean and beautiful life.  Let Him give you life while you still can.  The gift is no longer possible when we have already died.  Why would you refuse it?

No comments: