Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day

Independence is a good thing. But it's also a bad thing. Let me talk a little bit about that. Spiritual independence is not a good thing. Adam and Eve declared their spiritual independence from God when they disobeyed Him and ate of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. It separated them from God and carried with it the consequence of death.
My infirmity has clearly shown me my total dependence on God. I realize that I cannot perform even simple tasks - like walking across a room - without
God's enablement. I certainly cannot be restored to Him and heal the death wounds I've inherited as a result of The Fall. I must depend on Him for all.
There are some who may disagree with me and say or think that they have a certain amount of control, but when it comes down to it, they must depend on His goodness and love to provide even the smallest necessity for life. It's a blessing to know my need and to know Who sustains me.

No comments: