Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Set Your Course

This morning I have set my course. I read in Galations 5:22-23, "the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control." This is enough to be joyful over! God has promised to produce joy in His children. Even though I go through uncomfortable moments, frightening experiences, doubts, temptations to despair, pain, loneliness, discouragement, abandonment, betrayel, ridicule or whatever else Satan or the world may throw at me, I can choose to believe God and be joyful. James 1:2-4 says, "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials; knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." Circumstances cannot steal away my joy. It is the fruit that is produced in me by God.
I find that the more I read God's Word, the more sure I am that He is who He says He is and He will do what He says He will do. Is this not cause for rejoicing? The Master and Creator of the universe loves me, and has made promises to me! He is my joy and nothing but nothing can separate me from Him!

As I meditate on these things, I am strengthened and fore-armed against Satan's deceptions and the empty and vain philosophy of the world. We are bombarded all day every day with lies that would steal our joy. Take time this morning to read God's Word and set your course. You will be fruitful and develope the endurance needed to survive in this dark world.

No comments: