Friday, May 4, 2012

Cold Air and Storms

It's very dark this morning. The thunder is rolling and the rain is coming down. What has things stirred up is the arrival of warm weather. It's pushing the cold weather out of the way. They just can't exist together in the same place without turmoil and tempest. I've often noticed that it's the same with my life. When life's challenges have got me in a state of pain or confusion (cold) and things start getting worse, I know the times of smooth sailing are very near, because the storms signal their approach. Are you in the middle of a storm? Is the wind gusting, the rain falling, and the hail pelting the ground? Are there tornado warnings and is the sky dark and seething? Don't fear, Believer. God "will redeem your soul in peace from the battle which is against" you (Psalm 55:18). Hasten to your "place of refuge from the stormy wind and tempest." (Psalm 55:8). Rest in the knowledge and hope that "no weapon formed against you will prevail." - even though for a short time it may seem to. (Isaiah 54:17). Know that the Lord says, "For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you." (Jer. 29:11). Believe with the psalmist, "surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." (Psalm 23:6)

No comments: