Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lots of Time to Think

At this point in my life I have lots of time to think. I think my quiet time is just as plentiful now as my crazy life was busy when my kids were young. I find that issues I have, or have had, come to mind again and again, even though I have done what I know to do. Especially when I need to forgive, and things are still very painful and the wounds are still fresh. I have found great comfort in going to the Lord and telling Him all about my pain, my doubts, my desire for justice, how unfair life is, and on and on. It's OK to do that. In fact it's good to do that. If you don't believe me, just read through the Psalms. Many of them are written by King David. God wasn't displeased with him for being truthful about His feelings and expressing them to Him, but called him a man after God's own heart. After all, God already knows the truth about our feelings.
So, what do you think? Do you take your most negative thoughts and feelings to God, pouring them out so He can comfort you and get you through tough times, changing your heart in the process?

No comments: