Friday, June 24, 2011

Trust God - Not Your Feeling or Understanding

It's a scary thing to be in need of help and to be dependent on others. When we are forced to ask for assistance it's not an easy "place" to be. It takes lots of grace from God both to be the one asking for help and the one doing the helping.
With PD the meds taken to help you may also cause certain problems. I think the most frightening of all is when I am told I'm not thinking clearly because of these meds. That's when you need an anchor and someone to trust. This was where I leaned into God.

Scripture tells us to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your body, and refreshment to your bones." Proverbs 3:5-8.

This is where I learned the hard lesson that regardless of what I perceived, God's Truth never changes. I learned to believe in His huge love for me, and I learned to treat circumstances and people with the regard God says is due them regardless of what I thought.

Trust in the way of God and let Him "guide you in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake."
Psalm 23:3

No comments: