Monday, September 5, 2011

Answers

Questions.............. There are so many questions I have. I wonder about things that have happened and things that will in the future happen. I wonder about the way things happen and I wonder why some things never happen.
Answers......... I have way less answers than I would like to have.
Does this stop me from living my life? No. I forge ahead today, based upon the answers that I have (today) and the understanding I have. My information is incomplete, but I take what I know and go from there.
Some of my questions are about disease and how that relates to performance, expectations of myself, and also of others, and attitude to name a few. And I do have some of those answers albeit incomplete.
The "why" questions are particularly maddening. But the good thing about all of this is that I know the One Who does have complete knowledge and has all of the answers. I have a relationship with Him and I can trust Him for guidance when I ask. Because I know His character (through relationship and through reading His Word - the Bible) I can rely on Him to steer me the right way.
Don't let incomplete knowledge, or the "whys" that you have keep you from the joy and satisfaction of trusting in Him.
To know Him better is to trust Him more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna,
Thank you for sharing these intimate thoughts.

Your honesty is delightful and your questions sincere.

It makes me think of the verse about how we are no supposed to lean on our own understanding which you never do.

Love you,
Annette

Anna said...

Love covers a multitude of sins, my friend, and i know you see me through this lens. I love you back.
Anna