Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Light Up the World

The sun has gone down and the darkness has settled down around my house. I can't see beyond my porch, and even that is filled with shadows, shifting like clouds in a blue sky. My eyes can penetrate very little, and my mind wonders if it really sees those faint indistinct outlines of forms that morph into shapes without names.
Parkinson's Disease entered my life like that.... like the sun sinking into the spreading darkness. It is filled with fears and monsters with ugly names.
Everyone has their own personal darkness. It's different for us all. But, as Believers we have this in common: "The people who were sitting in darkness saw a great light. And to those who were sitting in the land and shadow of death, upon them a light dawned." (Matthew 4:16 NAS)
We are not without comfort. We are not without purpose. We are not without beauty or a deep abiding faith that can only come from living in a dark place. Like a candle that lights the darkness, we are the hope of the world. Until the world sees you shining in the darkest place- they will not find faith, hope or love.

No comments: