Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Your Unique Gift

I was going through my paintings and I decided that I would donate a number of them (copies) to our church. As I went through them I reflected back to the time when I painted each one. I was amazed at the detailed work I have been able to do. My husband used to watch me as I painted and he marveled at how my hands grew steadier as I painted delicate details, like eyelashes....

We are all different. We all have some kind of a handicap, and we all have unique giftings from God. Nobody really fits a set pattern, because we are all different. In my case, art has been one of my gifts, but I am challenged with Parkinson's Disease. So what does God do? He gives me quiet hands that grow steadier as they are called upon to paint tiny details. Whoever heard of a person with PD who paints detailed miniatures? Did I have tremors? Yes, but when I painted they seemed to go away.

God enabled me to do what He wanted me to do. And He will do the same for you. Fate or random chance does not decide what I can or cannot do. It is God who decides. He has a plan for each one, and no two plans are the same. Take time to really thank Him for what He has enabled you to do. Thank Him for the joy it brings to you and to others. You are a joy to Him!

No comments: