Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricanes and Giants

Hurricane Irene, like a heavy giant is lumbering up the coastline headed straight for us. I cower before this ill-tempered woman of a storm. She is huge. My husband says we're staying put, much to my dismay. "We're on high ground", he says, but I wonder if there is any place high enough.
My son had a nightmare several months back where he was standing at the front door looking out upon an endless sea. Powerlessness is what I feel. I'm uneasy and haven't slept well. Dear Lord, I remind us both (You and I) that You brought me to New York for many reasons. Will You now abandon me to this beast who bullies and seems to rule? I want to go. Hear my cries and speak to my fears. I don't want to go through this storm.... I just want to go. I openned my Bible as I silently requested a Word. Here is what my eye fell on: "...so shall the sea be calm unto you, for I know that for my sake this great tempest is upon you." (Jonah 1:12)

We weather many storms - those of us who have PD or some other disease. We are taken to a place that we do not choose and made to face giants that we don't want to face. Turn to the One who will lead you through. Trust that He can and will lead you through the storms.

No comments: