Monday, August 29, 2011

Power Outage

Well the storm is over and our electricity has finally come back on. Quite suddenly, when the storm was over, our power went out. The internet was down, we crept around the house with flashlights after the sun went down, and we couldn't turn the tv on to watch the news. We had no hot water and we also could not cook. We couldn't do these things because we were not connected to the power.
That's what PD is like. We cannot do certain things any more because we are no longer empowered to do so. We have been cut away from the power - the energy - that propels us forward. Try though you may, you simply cannot do some things you once did.
It's also that way with God. As long as I'm connected to Him, taking in His power, I can do lots of things. I am amazed sometimes at what God works through me! But when I neglect His Word and neglect to spend time alone with Him, I begin to try to do things in my own effort, and find that I can't do so much.
Thank You, Lord that You are so powerful!
2 Corinthians 3:5-6 - "Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God who also made us adequate as servants...."

No comments: