Sunday, August 7, 2011

Thankful!

My husband just called me moments ago and told me that on his way to church, from the other 2 lanes of traffic going the opposite direction, a driver lost control of his car and came careening across the divider headed straight for the driver's side of my husband's car. He said that if he had been going any slower the car would have crashed into his side of the car. He didn't know how the car missed him....
Just a few weeks ago, my son was in my car when it was totalled by a driver running a red light at high speed. He is still undergoing treatment for injuries sustained at that time, but he got out of the car on his own. The car was totalled, but he was saved....
God averted disaster and saved my husband and son. He has spread His umbrella of protection over us. I hope that what the enemy meant for our destruction will now go out and glorify the great God who created us and saved us at Calvary.
With the psalmist I will say: "I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all Thy wonders. I will be glad and exult in Thee; I will sing praise to Thy name, O Most High"! (Psalm 9:1-2)

"Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the full armor of God.... (Ephesians 6:11-13)

This world is a dangerous place. I wouldn't ever want to face it without my heavenly Father!

No comments: